Organising Information Resources in Libraries
- 26th – 28th February 2024
- 7:30 am – 4.30 pm
- Perdana Leadership Foundation, Putrajaya
About the Programme
RDA (Resource Description and Access) is the descriptive cataloguing standard that has replaced AACR2. RDA builds on the strengths ofAACR2 but has some new features that make it more useful as a cataloguing code for the digital environment in which libraries now operate.
The workshop explains on how to build a description of resources using RDA core elements and to articulate relationships, between works, expressions, manifestations and items in between resources and persons, families and corporate bodies using RDA vocabularies in the RDA Toolkit. This workshop will also include theory and practical exercises on subject access to information resources, which is on how to assign LC Subject Headings (LCSH) & Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) numbers.
- To provide training in cataloguing& classification of informationpackages in libraries & resourcecentres.
- To improve knowledge and skillson daily tasks for library staff
- To expose library staffs to latestcataloguing rules and standards
- To exchange experience andknowledge among library staff
- Library Managers
- Assistant Librarians
- Library Assistants
PUAN HAMIDAH A RAHMAN
Faculty of Information Management,
UiTM Shah Alam, Selangor
Seats are limited, and available from RM 850.00 per person. Early bird prices available until 31st January 2024.
The registration fee includes all course materials, refreshments, “Panduan RDA Malaysia” book and certificate. Accommodation and transportation are excluded.
To register, please click on the link: https://bit.ly/2024RDAWorkshop
Downloadable brochure here: