1. Call for Contributions
3. General Guidelines
4. Guidelines for Preparation of Abstract
5. Guidelines for Preparation of Paper
6. Further Enquiries
Call for Contributions
Perdana Leadership Foundation, a premier non-profit research and learning organisation dedicated to the study of Malaysian leadership and nation-building, invites authors/writers/researchers to contribute papers or articles for its book publication on “Blueprint of Malaysian Success” (working title) scheduled to be printed by the end of 2017.
“The country’s development was phenomenal. Over 30 years or so, it was transformed from a rather poor agricultural country into the world’s 17th biggest trading nation, with 82 per cent of total exports of over USD100 billion made up of manufactured goods. Malaysia’s infrastructure is comparable to that of developed countries and includes a network of first-class highways that crisscross the country and reliable electricity and water supplies” (Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, “A Doctor in the House”, 2011, pp. 503-504).
What policies, initiatives and/or factors accounted for Malaysia’s transformation from the agrarian backwater at the point of its independence from the British colonial power into its present status as one of the world’s biggest trading nations? This book aims to not only describe but more importantly, to also explain the policies, initiatives and/or factors that accounted for Malaysia’s success. Besides identifying the major policies, initiatives and/or factors that have altered the development path of the nation, the papers or articles in this book present a rigorous and critical quantitative and/or qualitative analysis of the benefits as well as challenges faced in their implementation or execution.
By adopting a mandatory pre- and post-intervention model, each paper or article is able to not only elucidate the efficacy of the change but also to historically trace the advances achieved by the intervention. This model allows for a critical “before and after” examination that augurs well for the derivation of lessons learnt from the Malaysian experience. In addition, papers or articles in this book may provide a cross-country comparison to serve as a benchmark for the quantitative and/or qualitative analysis carried out by the authors/writers/researchers.
This book is envisioned to serve as a major learning resource and reference for policymakers, students, researchers, academicians, writers and the reading public in Malaysia and around the world. The significance of this book is established by Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad’s foreword in setting the tone for its content and positioning it as a critical resource and reference on Malaysian leadership and nation-building.
Papers or articles in this book shall be organized into several major parts including but not limited to such sectors on Economics, Education, Business and Social. Sector classification of a submitted and accepted paper or article may be predetermined by the authors/writers/ researchers but its final classification is subjected to the discretion of the appointed Editorial Board for the book.
Several key analyses will include but are not limited to the following policies, initiatives and themes:
2. The abstracts will be reviewed by the Editorial Board based on content, significance, originality, relevance and overall presentation. Each abstract will be reviewed by at least two different reviewers. Based on the scores given by the reviewers, the abstract may be selected for:
- Rejection of the paper or article for publication. (PLF may decide to also publish a Book of Abstracts as an option).
3. Authors/writers/researchers are expected to strictly adhere to the specified concept for the book and the above-stated guidelines and timelines. Failure to do so may result in the exclusion of the paper or article from thepublication.
4. Authors/writers/researchers of papers or articles accepted for publication will be fully acknowledged for their contribution in the book itself as well as being furnished with a Certificate of Appreciation issued by the Perdana Leadership Foundation and signed by Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad. A complimentary copy of the book shall also be given to each contributor.
5. Presented in two pages in Times New Roman font.
Guidelines for the Preparation of the Abstract
Submitted abstracts must fulfill the following requirements:
1. The first page should contain the following information:
- Title of the paper or article
- Full name of all contributors
- Each contributor’s organization, address and telephone number
- Key contact name and email address
2. The second page is the content of the abstract of 500 words or less providing the following information:
- Title of the paper or article
- Background and objectives
3. Content of the abstract should be presented in one paragraph, single spacing using Times New Roman font size 10.
5. Outcome of the abstract review shall also be communicated through email to the key contact email address.
6. It depicts and fulfills the full development of the accepted abstract as well as the concept and objective of the book.
Guidelines for the Preparation of the Full Paper or Article
The full paper or article submission must adhere to the following requirements:
1. It should be original in content, rigorous and analytical in approach with quantitative and/or qualitative evidences supporting each supposition.
2. It should be between 3,000 to 5,000 words in length, including references and appendices.
3. References within the body of the text and at the end of the paper or article should conform to the APA (American Psychological Association) citation standards.
4. The full paper or article should be organised in the following manner:
5. The full paper or article should be in Times New Roman font size 10, single spacing for the abstract and 1.5 spacing for the body of the text.
7. Outcome of the full paper or article review shall also be communicated through email to the key contact email address.
Image courtesy of Gualberto107 at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Sign up to receive our emails and be alerted of our programmes.