In 2009, the Perdana Leadership Foundation has appointed THREE Resident Fellows under the following categories:
- Perdana Leadership Foundation Honorary President Resident Fellowship (Yayasan Al-Bukhary)
- AmBank Group Resident Fellowship for Perdana Leadership Foundation (AmBank Group)
- Tan Sri Dato' Sri Dr Teh Hong Piow Resident Fellowship (Public Bank)
to explore Malaysia's leadership history as well as contemporary themes affecting national governance, such as policymaking in the 21st century, economic trends and impact, energy resources and civil society.
Click here to view the profiles of the Resident Fellows.
Perdana Leadership Foundation Honorary President Resident Fellowship
- The Malay Response to the West: Sociological and Journalistic Narratives In Abdullah Munshi, Al-Imam, Ibrahim Yaacob and the Malay Press of the 1930s (Volume 1) by Professor Dr. Ahmad Murad Noor Merican
AmBank Group Resident Fellowship for Perdana Leaderhip Foundation
Resident Fellowship for Perdana Leadership Foundation
- The Future of Islamic Banking in the Global Market by Professor Dr. Abdul Ghafar Ismail
Tan Sri Dato' Sri Dr Teh Hong Piow Resident Fellowship
- Quality of Local Governance: A Study of Two Local Authorities in Peninsula Malaysia by Professor Dr. Hazman Shah Abdullah
The Honorary President Fellowship offers an RM100,000 research grant while the AmBank Group and Public Bank Fellowships each offers an RM80,000 research grant. Duration of all awards is two years.
In line with its aim of stimulating research on the leadership of Malaysia's past Prime Ministers, the Perdana Leadership Foundation has awarded eight research grants to qualified scholars, with academic administration provided by the Institute of Quality and Knowledge Advancement (InQKA), Universiti Teknologi MARA.
Click here to view the profiles of the Research Scholars.
- To encourage the study of this country's history beyond facts and figures
- To yield valuable insights for future Malaysian leaders via in-depth study of the nation's past leaders and how their leadership as well as policies affected national development
- To increase awareness of, and boost interest in Malaysia's rich intellectual heritage.
Applications for our Research Awards programme are currently closed.